Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Gold In Them Thar Hills.

Missed a run yesterday but got up at 4.30 this morning to head down to Lilyfield Rd to run some hill repeats with Johnny D. When I was last doing this session in February, March I was doing 16 reps (300m long hill) averaging around 1.24, 1.25. This morning I wheezed out 10 @ 1.31. Hmm. It can only get better from here. Hopefully next week 12 repeats, then 14, 16, and after that I'll try do my 16 repeats quicker.

It's satisfying, setting a goal and carrying it out, even if it's just "do 10 slow reps without blowing up" and it'll be satisfying seeing my sessions improve. That's motivation above and beyond the fast marathon and, ultimately, sub 24 hour Western States that is my primary motivation in running.

Took a call from Vat after lunch... he got out on the Six Foot Track today and ran from Megalong Valley Rd to the summit of Pluviometer ansd back. "Damn near killed me," he said. "What have I got myself in for?"

Lovely, seeing the rude shock that 6FT newbies undergo when they get out there. Harris, you are in for a memorable time, mate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Well Mr G, I gather from catching up on Cool Running that a marathon is on the cards? (did I see/hear a sub 3 hour?).

Sounds like a summer of fun to get ready for 6ft and then Canberra. Given MPH is also gunning for a sub 3 hour things should be interesting.

3:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home