Monday, November 01, 2004

Crosstraining PB.

Mr Jackson has ordered me off running twice a day and high mileage in favour of fresh legs and speed, so since Glasshouse I've been hitting the rowing machine in the gym 4-5 days a week at lunch or after work instead of going for a second run. I fairly quickly worked up to rowing 10km in <40 minutes (wouldn't mind being able to run that!) and I'm enjoying seeing veins in my arms again.

Tonight I smashed my previous PB for 40 minutes rowing- 10408m, over the old 10354m. The last 3 or 4 minutes were particularly soul searching as I put my head down, closed my eyes and just went for it, with the guy on the adjacent rower urging me on. Because it was raining, they'd closed the windows in the gym, so it was stiflingly humid in there- wouldn't mind having another go in cool dry conditions.

I hope this means yesterday's 6FT run didn't unduly fatigue me. I'll know for sure at tomorrow morning's hill repeats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home