Saturday, November 06, 2004

On the Road.

This blog comes from Canberra via Merimbula and Jindabyne.

Thursday I was on the road down the South Coast with Everyman and Diane. We ran for an hour in the afternoon along the beach rom Merimbula to Pambula and return. Cool but humid weather- ran shirtless without discomfort. The sand abraded my bare feet a bit- had a bloody blister on my right big toe. The variety wa enjoyable though- and running barefoot on any beach in Sydney would be unthinkable.

Friday I got up early, ran 15 minutes to a football field on the other side of Merimbula, and did 8 x 85 seconds, as I lacked a measured 400m track. Judging by my progress around the ground, my last two reps were my fastest- ideal. Ran 15 minutes back- very humid, light drizzle.

Later that morning Paul and I got in about an hour's bush running in the State Forests near Twofold Bay whilst finding a course for the Coast-Kosci. There's some utterly magnificent running country down there- perhaps I'll retire to Eden.

Saturday I didn't run, but did a 7km walk over Mt Taylor (Canberra) with Ian. Got the Two Peaks race tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home