Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Two PBs in Twelve Hours.

MONDAY NIGHT

Wandered down to the gym about 6.30ish and hit the rower for another 40 minute session. Felt pretty ordinary for the first 5 minutes or so (this seems to be normal) then got into a bit of a rhythm. After a while it was apparent I might approach my PB of 10408 metres, which I didn't really expect the day after the Two Peaks. I was helped by the encouragement of a couple of guys I know down at the gym, Tony and Brian, and with three minutes to go I put my head down and just went for it- ended up with a new PB of 10438 metres. Man I was buggered. Did some situps, pushups and assisted chinups, then went home for a big dinner.

TUESDAY MORNING

Fronted up for Lilyfield hills on a cool, damp, windy morning with JD and the two Andrews. The first four were quite unimpressive (1.27- 1.29), then Andrew T fronted and I had someone to chase as he zoomed up the hill at speed, the skinny bugger. All my repeats after that were 1.20- 1.23, except one 1.24. Again, I was utterly buggered, but most happy with an average of 1.23 for 16 reps- my previous best for this session was 1.24 back in Feb. Hoo ha!

I seem to be getting back into good form quickly, although I still wonder if I shouldn't be doing some tempo stuff (not quite to the extent Ray does tempo stuff though). Tossing up whether to run the Star or the Fishers Ghost 10K this Sunday. I'll think about it this week.

Gym later today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home