Saturday, November 13, 2004

In the Grip of the 30/30

SATURDAY AFTERNOON.

Was out at Emu Plains today so did my workout at sunset on the local cricket field. Conditions were not the best- 21 degrees and clear sky, but wind gusts of over 30 knots.

The 30/30 is a deceptive workout. The idea is to build raw speed by sprinting for 30 seconds, then jogging 30 seconds, repeat for 15 minutes. Mr Jackson and I call it a "Pat Carroll Special" as this was originally a workout the Great Man suggested to our own great man. As Vat likes to say, around the 6th rep it's pretty soul searching and there still seems to be a long way to go, and the final few reps are acutely painful. However, as it's such a relatively short workout, it doesn't seem to blow you away for the rest of the day and the next day like some other interval workouts I've done.

I warmed up for about 10 minutes and warmed down for about 20, so about 45 minutes running total. As with my quality workouts of the last week or so, I was pleased with how my stride has been lengthening (almost kicking myself in the backside) but again, struggling to hold this form in the last few reps. I won't predict great things just yet.

Got the Star coming up tomorrow at Waverton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home