Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Oh, Gawd...

MONDAY MORNING

Ran from Rhodes to work. About 52 minutes. Tired. Warm. Skipped gym that evening and went home, but slept very badly, probably only got about 3.5 hours of shuteye.

TUESDAY MORNING

Lilyfield Rd hills on a cool, drizzling morning. We had a newcomer in KT, who turned up after my third rep and fired my competitive juices by beating me to the top in my fourth rep, which was 80 flat. Thus inspired, I ran the fifth in 75 (!!!) and she was still there. Turned out, when I asked her when we were jogging down the hill, she used to be an 800/1500 runner, ie fast, strong, looked very smooth.

After that we belted out a succession of 79s-81s. I was sort of thinking "yeah, keep hitting me, let's see if I can take it..." knowing full well that I'd probably blow up, but perhaps I might not, and running less reps faster was probably better training for speed anyway.... very painful.

After reaching 12 reps averaging 81 to that point, rep 13 was 87 and 14 was 85, so I called it off at that point- no sense in grinding out extra intervals when your form and strength is gone. Bit of a blowout. But a bit of an eye opener too.

TUESDAY LUNCHTIME

Went to a yoga class. Never done yoga before. More or less a series of stretches and breathing exercises... I'll be sore in the abs, back and glutes tomorrow.

Gym tonight hopefully.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home