Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Put the Mocker on Myself.

WEDNESDAY MORNING, 1/12/04

What was I saying last week about the great weather? This morning it was 33 degrees at 9am! Bloody hot for my run to work.

Again, on the advice of Vat and Action, I took the shortest route to work (6km) and tried to do it fast. It's not a course for fast running, even without the backpack- after a flat first 200m it starts climbing, steeper and steeper, up Anzac Ave, surely the steepest hill in Sydney west of the Lane Cove River. 1km is right at the top of the hill. Then it's flattish through backstreets, a park, a bike path then uphill again for the last km along Waterloo and Talavera Rds.

I got to the top of Anzac Ave in 5.40 or so (usually 6.30 or more) and did the whole run averaging 4.46min/km vs 4.49min/km for last Friday's run, but in the heat (and given I went up the big hill too fast) I was ready to curl up and pass out.

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger, and all that. Damned summer.

WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON, 1/12/04

At lunch I did 100 situps in the gym with a 10kg weight held to my chest, then did 10240-odd metres on the rower in the usual 40 minutes. Felt very uninspired for the first 10 minutes or so, then worked into it and was moving fairly well by the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home