Sunday, January 02, 2005

Wrapping up 2004.

Been up the mountains since the afternoon of the 28th- Mum's been ill so I've been doing carer duties. Here's a quick wrap up of the last week.

WEDNESDAY MORNING, 29/12/04- 7K

Ran down to the local High School and did 30/30s on the oval there, plus some form drills. Felt reasonable considering it was the first time I'd done that workout in about 6 weeks.

THURSDAY NIGHT, 30/12/04- 10K

Finally got out at 10pm and did 10K out and back on a hilly bike path (about 90m climb to the halfway point). Pushed pretty hard to average 4.34 min/km.

FRIDAY MORNING, 31/12/04- 7K

Down to the High School again for more drills and 30/30s. Felt decidedly ordinary and after blowing out following rep 6 I jogged some laps slowly then did 5 more reps for a total of 11- again, I blew out on the last couple. This workout on the last day of 2004 kind of summed up my year.

The mountains weather had been quite pleasant up to and including the 31st- no more than about 20 C and overcast most of the time. I quite like that kind of weather.

SATURDAY MORNING, 1/1/05- 14K

Bush run, out and back to Grose Head South lookout. Felt awful when I got up at 9am (hit the sack about 2am after a BBQ dinner and 5 glasses of wine over about 4 hours, but I don't think that was my problem) and on the return leg had to walk the last uphill. I was physially ill not long afterwards, so I suspect my bad workouts the last couple of days are the result of some stomach bug or dodgy food. Very, very humid and warm today also.

SUNDAY EVENING, 2/1/05- 18K

Back in Sydney this afternoon, so missed the Star. I jogged from my place to Timbrell Park (4K) then ran an extended lap of the Bay Run (including Dog Loop and Leichhardt Oval loop) hard- 10.02K in 45.11, averaging 4.30min/km. Still felt a bit unpleasant in the guts- was burping up bile on and off during the run. Jogged back to my place slowly. Weather was humid and overcast with a cool and persistent south easterly- about 21 C.

TOTAL FOR WEEK- 89km. Pity I've been unwell the last few days, but slowly easing back into doing the quicker stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home