Thursday, January 20, 2005

More 400s.

THURSDAY MORNING, 20/1/05- 8K
 
I've shuffled the sequence of my workouts this week to try and give me a few hours extra sleep during the week. So I'll do the Bay TT on Saturday and brought 400s forward to today, Thursday, so I didn't have three hard days in a row, Friday- Sunday.
 
Anyway, 2.5km warm up run from the office to Dunbar Field, and 2.5km warm down on the way back. 22 C and 80% humidity.
 
84
84
84
83
83
83
82
84
 
So marginally better than last week. However I didn't feel as good, form-wise, compared to last week. Coming round the back curve on the last rep I was at almost jogging speed, so pumped the arms and sprinted down the straight. Damned hard work.
 
Since C2K I've been doing 400s by myself up at Dunbar, in contrast to the previous sessions, which I did at Rotary Field with Vat and occasionally others. Vat's schedule and mine have diverged- I'm focussing on the 10K, he's preparing for 6FT and utilising longer intervals. It has advantages in that I can get up over an hour later, but I wonder at the effect doing these sessions alone, rather than having someone else to push me, is having. I DID run a good session at Rotary one time when Vat didn't make it, but I think we all prefer having someone to chase and to exhort each other on. I suppose I know that if I can push myself very hard with no support, that's a good builder of mental strength. Hell, getting up early to run without having someone else to meet is pretty empowering by my usual standards! 

1 Comments:

Blogger Clairie said...

I know exactly what you mean about running with another person.
Tesso and I are competing heavily with each other and really make each other work. She is a better runner and faster but it is really helping me improve trying to catch her and she said she is improving by trying to keep me from catching her!

Great consistency on the 400's.

6:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home