Friday, January 14, 2005

That's More Like It II.

THURSDAY LUNCHTIME, 13/1/05- 5K

Got 10 hours sleep! This meant sleeping in, so I did nothing before work. Walked at lunch in LCNP. Hot- 29 degrees.

FRIDAY MORNING, 14/1/05- 8K

Only 5 hours sleep, alas. 25 degrees and 80% humidity at 8am when I did my 400s at Dunbar. 2.5km warm up (jog from the office to the track), and warm down.

84
84
86
82
84
83
86
84

Felt pretty reasonable, although when I tried to bash the back half of the last couple of reps I had no sprint to speak of. Damned uncomfortable weather. At least I didn't blow out in the back half, which is a DEFINITE good sign.

Between Wednesday morning's run and this one, I'm starting to feel a bit better about the SMC 10K this Sunday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eagle said...

I am not saying you form/style needed any changes only you can asses that but it is always a good idea to think about whether it can be made more efficient and the shorter faster sessions help. Then it is a matter of translating the change if any into the longer runs - becoming more aware of 'style' during in them - practising the new style it becomes more natural and usual.

But the first step is to do as you have done and find someing that you think needs changing and then working on it. You Bay TT on Wednesday was good and should improve easily in the near future.
Ray

9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home