Friday, January 21, 2005

A Morning Stroll in the Park.

Slept about 7 hours each of the last two nights, although last night (20-21/1/05) my sleep was fairly poor quality- woke up several times.
 
THURSDAY LUNCHTIME, 20/1/05- 3K
 
Ambled up to the park again for some drills. Hot- 30 degrees.
 
FRIDAY MORNING, 21/1/05- 14.5K
 
Got up at 5.45 and was in the office just after 7, then set off for a run along the course I did on Wednesday- into LCNP, then the Striders 10K course plus an additional 3km or so across the weir and up Bradfield Rd hill. A pleasant run surrounded by bush, with plenty of hills, and (once I get to the gates on Lane Cove Rd) no traffic crossings. 
 
Damned uncomfortable weather- 19 C and 90% humidity as a result of last night's rain, although the sky was clear and the sun strong. The breaths of some of the walkers I saw in the park were fogging in the morning air and mist was rising off the surface of the Lane Cove River, which was very pleasant to see.
 
Felt pretty damned ordinary for about 11.5K, then in the last 3K I suddenly started feeling good. Somehow reduced my average pace from 5.21min/km to 5.16min/km between Scribbly Gum and the return to the office, a course which is mostly uphill. Weird. I had trouble breathing at times as well- not sure if that was because of the humidity, or whether I'm just shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home