Friday, February 18, 2005

Rapped on the Pads, a Dot Ball, then a Square Cut...

WEDNESDAY 16/2/05, 5.45AM- 10K

Met Vat at the Rowers for another session of 3 x 3K bashing. When I got up (after 4 hours sleep) I felt distincly ordinary and I don't think he felt much better. Still, after 1K warmup we were into it.

I banged out the first rep in 12.13 (4.04 pace) but it felt much harder than it did last week- then I didn't feel like I'd exerted much at all. After 3 minutes recovery I set off in Vat's wake but felt distinctly crap- legs like planks of wood. I hit 1K in 4.10 and elected to stop. Jogged back to where I'd come from and gave myself a much longer recovery, rationalising that if I could at least run another quick 3K I'd have salvaged something from the session. However, I hit 1K in 4.14 on the last attempt and jogged slowly back to the Rowers from there. I was shattered for the rest of the day.

Vat hadn't done much better- died during his second rep and didn't start the third. We both figured we were still tired from our big Sunday, so I decided to take Thursday off so I could be fresh as possible for Friday's intervals and- most importantly- Sunday's SMC 10K.

FRIDAY 18/2/05, 5.45AM- 16K

After a 3K warmup, met Action and DJL for a session at Timbrell involving 1K, 500m, 1K, 500m, 1K, 500m with 60 second recoveries. We ran to Timbrell via the Dog Loop and got into it...

3.50
1.49
3.50
1.49
3.49
1.49

So I'm nothing if not consistent. Seems to show I'm over Wendesday's wobbles. I'd rate this the equivalent of running 5 x 1K with 2 minutes recovery (our old session at Timbrell) all in 3.50 or better, which I've only managed a couple of times.
We jogged back to Action's via the Dog Loop again.

Vat and Action reckon I'm a good show for sub 41 on Sunday. Not too confident of that myself, but a PB should definitely be in the offing unless conditions are awful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home