Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Recovery Continues.

MONDAY 21/3/05, 6pm- 8K

Cool, about 17 C, as the sun was setting. Ran from work to Dunbar Field, 2.5K barefoot, back to the office, at sub 5min/km. Felt like I was moving really well, very happy. Quads a bit sore after the run.

TUESDAY 22/3/05, 7.15AM- 14.5K, WEEK TO DATE 22.5K

After 5 1/2 hours sleep I got up this morning feeling horrible and battled with the snooze button a bit. Went into work early and ran from the office through LCNP along the Striders 10K course (except I went under Lane Cove Rd on the way out, not across it, which added a few hundred metres to the run) with an extension across the weir, up Bradfield St hill and return.

Felt very wanky but did it anwyay. Went round at 5.35min/km. Quite cool, 15 C. As a side note, Saturday evening's run was, I think, the first this year where I wore a t shirt, rather than a singlet or no shirt. Autumn is settling in.

I think I felt this ordinary because of a combination of delayed post-ultra fatigue (which I've mentioned before), poor sleep in the last week, and pushing it a bit too hard last night, especially after racing Sunday.

Might ease into a few intervals next week. We'll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Snooze button always wins.........well, eventually.

1:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home