Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Hill Reps etc.

TUESDAY 29/3/05, 12.30PM, 8K, WEEK TO DATE 19K

Was going to join the crew at Lilyfield but the snooze button won the battle (6 hours sleep), so at lunch I wandered down into LCNP, did a 3.5K warmup and banged out 8 x 45 seconds on thehill between the speedbumpa nd the Ranger's House- runners of the Striders 10K in the Park would know the hill well.

The GPS was all over the park (pardon the pun) as it usualyl is down there but I could tell the last couple of weeks have left a mark- I covered most reps as well as when I dd the same session with MPHaz a month or so ago, but when I really tried to wind it up on the last couple I fared no better.

TUESDAY 29/3/05, 6PM, 10.5K- WEEK TO DATE 29.5K

Ventured out again after work, ran to Dunbar and did 5K barefoot with the cuts from alst Friday taped.

Cool evening, about 16 C. Felt like I was moving really well, as is often the case on second runs for the day.

2.7K to the track- 4.44min/km
5K on the track- 23.11, 4.38min/km
2.7K back to the office- 4.49min/km.

WEDNESDAY 30/3/05, 12PM, 11.5K (53.52)- WEEK TO DATE 40K

Ran from the office to LCNP, did the 10K course, back to the office. Again the snooze button defeated me- was going to do my 14K course before work but had to do this instead. 7 hours sleep.

Wanted to push the pace a bit. Felt a bit beat up from yesterday's double but went around in 53.52, 4.41min/km. For reference I was at the top gate in 3.48, the weir in 25.20, came off Scribbly at 39.00.

Not a hot day but humid as there had been some morning rain but the sun then came out, so ran shirtless.

Was going to run again after work, but I'm doing intervals tomorrow morning so want to be somewhat fresh for those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home