Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Penrith 17K/ Spin/ Intervals.

17K run into Penrith and back Monday morning- not bashing it. Took 5K or so to work most of the crap from the 10K out of my legs and after that I was clicking along at sub 5 min/km easily enough, although I could still feel the race in my legs climbing back up the hill to home....

EDIT- Forgot to add, Mel and I did a Spin class last night too. Hammered myself- think I'll always think of "Radar Love" as a pain inducer from now on rather than a classic old rock song. Wondered if I'd feel the aftereffects of the class in this mornings intervals session, but doesn't look like it.

TUESDAY 5/12/06, 5AM, 12K, WEEK TO DATE 29K, 4 HOURS SLEEP, ASICS 1100

Met Shogun for my first interval session in several milennia- a straightforward 8 x 400m with 60 second active recovery on the grass track at Glenbrook Oval. Cool, about 12 degrees.

3.5K warmup at 5.15min/km and half a dozen 100m strides on the grass with walk back recovery, then into the 400s. Not having done these in ages, I thought I'd do well to break 90 more than once or twice....

86
91
89
89
87
85
83
78

and I was buggered! Walked a lap of the oval and we jogged back- 3.5K warmdown at 5.19min/km. Shogun was pretty consistently 7-8 seconds ahead- he finished with a 71.

Not a bad session for an old broken down bloke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home