Tuesday, November 21, 2006

SMC Half and Flu.

Fronted on Sunday morning for the SMC Half at Smithfield- only my fourth ever Half. I've run more 100 milers than Half marathons.

Went through halfway in reasonable time (47 minutes or so) but the heat was burning me up (later on found it was only 22 degrees or so) and I slowed dramatically in the second half to wheeze through the finish in 105 minutes. Very depressing and inexplicable, until...

I woke up Monday morning with achy muscles and a sore, swollen throat, which during the day became fluid in the chest. Did a 5.5K run around Glenbrook Lagoon at lunchtime- four laps of the very pleasant trail round the water's edge, but was really struggling.

Today (Tuesday) I have fluid building up in my head as well.

Oh well, I know why I had such a crappy race on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home