Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Spin and Lucasville Station/Mitchells Pass Loop.

Did a Spin class this morning at Springwood. Well, they call it RPM rather than Spin. A great quad buster- funny thing was a few hours later it felt like I hadn't done anything.... Shogun and MPH have convinced me that this will improve my hills. We shall see if what works for them works for me....

TUESDAY 14/11/06, 5PM, 9.5K (45.00, 4.46min/km), 5 HOURS SLEEP

In the afternoon Shogun and I ran a 9.44K loop thus... Hillside Ave- highway underpass- Knapsack Ave- Zig Zag Trail (old train line)- Lucasville Station- Siding Lookout- Knapsack Bridge- Mitchells Pass- Glenbrook Lagoon- Fletcher St bridge- Lucasville Rd- home. Gmap is http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=541552 - a course with a mix of trails early on, a big hill, and rolling hills to the finish. Had limited time so couldn't do our usual Mt Portal 17K run.

Hot day (28 degrees) and we pretty much raced each other in over the last few Ks (although Shogun ran away from me on Mitchells Pass, then slowed down at Lennox Bridge for me to catch up). K splits were...

4.38
5.06 (bush)
4.16
5.59 (Mitchells Pass)
5.00 (uphill to the Lagoon)
4.54
4.31
4.14
4.40 (Lucasville Rd hill)
Last 440m at 3.42 pace.

Buggered at the end. Good session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home