Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Mt Portal- Nasty....

Did 5.5K on Monday afternoon- checked out some firetrails off Cox St in the Cascadias. Felt a bit beat up.

TUESDAY 31/10/06, 4PM, 17.5K (1.33.31, 5.23min/km), 6.5 HOURS SLEEP

Shogun and I did Mt Portal again on a hot (29 degree) afternoon- I gave the Cascadias their first real battle hitout.

We both felt a bit rough from the start, so we agreed that, unlike the last two weeks, we wouldn't bash it this time- instead just try to get around in sub 90.

Fairly obvious that wasn't going to happen by the turnaround, which we reached in 46 minutes, and from there I pretty much wheezed back in 93 minutes. On a hot day, not much fun, but good to have this run logged in the bank again. Cascadias were fairly stiff on the roads, but felt a bit better on the trails. Then again, hard fire trail is probably not their ideal venue.

Shogun commented after the run that this was probably our toughest course of the week and I think it's true- very hilly, literally no flat, and the last 3Ks are pretty much all uphill.

Mel arrived home a few minutes after I finished and found me on the front step, drinking my second protein drink and nodding off to sleep....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home