Friday, July 07, 2006

Cold But Good.

FRIDAY 7/7/06, 9PM, 6K, WEEK TO DATE 30.5K, 4 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES ASICS 1100

Up very early and was busy all day, so only got out for the my scheduled half hour quite late. Thankfully this is the last recovery run from last Saturday's big run- there's a fairly solid weekend in store and a few hairy chested looking weeks coming up.

Only 1 degree when I slipped out the door. I was wearing shorts, beanie, and a longsleeve polypro shirt under a longsleeve fleece, and was toasty warm, except for the tips of my fingers.

Ran down to the corner of Scott Ave and the highway, following the railway line, and back. Achilles still a bit sore on downhills. Moved reasonably well, but, pleasingly, about a mile from the end I was feeling pretty good and picked it up to push home solidly, finishing in 30.41. Turnaround was 14.59- same as Monday- but the finish was about 45 seconds quicker (uphill run on the way back) and I felt quite good pushing up the hills.

Intervals tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home