Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Rogaine Recovery.

It's been a pretty tough 5 or 6 weeks. Two rogaines, the flu, and a diet.

After last weekend's rogaine down at Tarlo River, I was absolutely shattered at work on Monday- so tired that I started to fall asleep if I closed my eyes, and the odd spell of light headedness. I walked 5.5K to the station after work Monday and it was very slow and walking uphill was a battle.

Tuesday was better, I went for a slow 35 minute jog which covered about 6K, but it was very hard work. Walked another 6K last night.

Today at lunch I ran my 6.1K course from the office to Waterloo Park and back in 28.28, or 4.40min/km. All uphills were hard work, but I felt better and better on the flats as the run warmed up, and I encountered John Young on his own run and exchanged high fives. I'll walk another 6K tonight.

I want to be properly fresh for a final buildup over about 8 weeks to the Glasshouse 100, so this week and the enxt will be very conservative in training, with lots of walking. I'm racing two 10Ks this weekend and probably cross country the following weekend so will get some quality in. I will race 100K at the Gold Coast in July and the Twelve Foot Track (90K) in August as long training runs.

Targets for September- sub 40 10K at Striders (the weight loss should have kicked in by then) and sub 24 hours at Glasshouse the following weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stu Mac said...

"Targets for September- sub 40 10K at Striders "

I'm hoping to beat you to the sub 40, I'm having another go 17 Jul on a flatish out & back course along the Sandringham beach road.

But I cannot run 100k, thats the big difference, have fun training!

8:12 am  
Blogger miners said...

Hey mate - good to see that bug has hopefully left you behind. Best of luck at Strider's on Saturday, and for your backing-up in the GC 10k. Look forward to having a beer with you afterwards at the Surf Club

2:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home