Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Hill Reps.

TUESDAY 21/6/05, 5.30AM, 8.5K, WEEK TO DATE 20K, 4 HOURS SLEEP
 
Given Vat has decided to do Tuesday night sessions with SW, given I have some hilly races in the offing, and given I felt like a bit of a change and like running hills, I fronted at Lilyfield Rd this morning for some hill reps. About 12 degrees with a strong, chilly westerly wind.
 
I ran the 5.5K from my place to Action's as warmup, dumped my backpack, then we swung into it. I managed 5 reps before blowing up and quitting partway into rep 7- just not "hill fit" right now. We had a good group, including Fats, KT, Andrew T, guest Minersrun, JD, Andrew FF53, latecomer Action, Eagle, and a few others- the others did 8 or 10.
 
74
78
77
76
78
 
A quick review of my blog shows me that 74 seconds is equal to my PB on this hill, and my best sessions include 8 reps at 77, and 16 reps at 83. In that light, 5 reps at 77 is not too bad, considering what I've been up to lately, or rather not up to. Should improve fairly quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home