Thursday, June 23, 2005

Intervals- 2 x 2K.

THURSDAY 23/6/05, 1PM, 11.5K, WEEK TO DATE 43K, 6.5 HOURS SLEEP
 
Slept in a bit. At lunch I headed up to Dunbar Field to run 2 x 2K on the track there with 3 minute active recovery. Found there was a school athletics carnival on there, so cut through Macquarie Uni campus to the MUSA sports fields, and found a vacant hockey field. I walked out one lap with the GPS as 340m, so satisfied myself that 6 laps would be close enough to 2K, although the right hand turns at the corners were a novelty!
 
8.00
8.14
 
I was breathing hard right from the start and faded after the first couple of laps in both cases. The last time I did 2 x 2K was in May, two days before my 10k PB, and ran 7.55 and 7.47, and in that case felt comfortable until the last few hundred of metres. A couple of weeks afterwards I did 3 x 2K at 7.44, 7.44, 7.41. So I've lost quite a bit of high end aerobic condition, but it'll come back.
 
Ran back to work as warm down. All the "commuting" was at sub 5 minute kilometres.
 
Cold today- about 11 degrees. It was snowing in the Blue Mountains, less than 100k drive away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home