Saturday, April 14, 2007

Not Having Much Luck!

So since my last post I've had the flu which limited me to two runs- a very slow Mt Portal run on Saturday 7/4 and, on Thursday 12/4 my 5K Lucasville/Zig Zag loop, during which I was so buggered I almost vomited twice.

Add to that, today (Friday 13/4- appropriate) I think I broke another toe- this time the big toe of my left foot. I was shifting a griller at the restaurant this morning when a metal plate slid out of it and landed on aforementioned toe. Been munching Nurofen like peanuts since then but the toe is much too painful to walk on without a limp, let alone run on. I'm hoping for a rapid improvement over the next few days!

I've entered the Blayney- Bathurst 110K cycling event for this Sunday- hoping the toe will be up to it.

Only two and a half months to Western States and, apart from one good week, fuck all training has happened since 6FT. It's a concern but can be dealt with- back in 2002 I was preparing for Glasshouse 100mi (September) and had a hip problem in July which caused me to not run a step for three weeks.

I managed to race myself back into shape quickly- 2 marathons on consecutive weekends followed by 12FT Track the next weekend, a 12hr rogaine a fortnight later, and running from Katoomba to Mittagong (137K) the weekend after that. Finished Glasshouse in 27.39 three weeks after that.

I have a solid schedule in the next several weeks-

Sunday 15/4- B2B 100 bike race
Saturday 21/4- Hellgate 92K
Saturday 28/4- Turon 24hr rogaine
Saturday 12/5- Spud's Great North Road Fat Ass- 61K or 86K options
Saturday 2/6- Twelve Foot Track 90K

Good base of runs in there.....

More updates on flu, busted toe, cycling shortly....

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Bugger. Sorry to hear about the toe & the training & the flu....

I'm certain you'll bounce back. You are a tough fella ;-)

The B2B ride sounds fantastic. Shame I won't be here - would have loved to do it..

Look after yourself - particularly your remaining 8 not recently broken toes!

11:18 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Yeah, as Jen aptly says, Bugger!

I promise not to tread on the good 8 toes out at Turon, btw our entry is in!

2:56 pm  
Blogger undercover brother said...

so has the toe healed?

9:55 pm  
Blogger Brendan said...

L******s

9:34 pm  
Blogger R2B said...

Hows the prep going Mr G?

9:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have broken my big toe twice. Once I splintered the bone so violently I had a cast up to my thigh. I kicked a treadmill...long story.

Hope your feeling better

10:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home