Monday, March 26, 2007

Bike and Run.

MONDAY 26/3/07, 88K BIKE, 7.5K RUN, 6 HOURS SLEEP

Cool day, 20 degrees max, cloudy with light drizzle at times.

Mel dropped me at Prestons just before 9 so I could ride the M7 Cycleway.

The idea was to ride a full lap of the cycleway (Prestons- Glenwood- return) then back again to Rooty Hill and get a train home, which would have been just over 100K of riding.

However, just after crossing the M4 (21K) I was stopped by workmen re asphalting the path, so I returned to Prestons (42K), rode back to the M4 again (63K) and then all the way home along the M4, including a triumphant ascent of Lapstone Hill without walking (88K).

The Cycleway is a great asset for the active people of western Sydney- a round trip is close to 80K of traffic free commuting.

Very sore in a lot of places at the end of the ride and buggered from the ascent of Lapstone Hill.

A couple of hours later, ran into the restaurant at 5.15 pace. Felt a bit gumby-ish at first but moving well later.

Good, solid day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Nice work riding up that hill! I was driving up there on Sunday morning thinking how many years it's gunna take me before I can up it....

6:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home