Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ouch.

Got myself a new toy- an Orbea Enol road bike. Fairly bottom of the range, but I don't have a lot of cash at the moment and need a steed to help me lay down a lot of aerobic hours for WS100 and, a little down the track, for NZ C2C and IM OZ.

So, Monday I did a big 12K and today a big 15K on the Orbea. Wow, my arse, wrists, neck and shoulders are fucking sore right now. I feel like Alec Guinness at the end of Bridge on the River Kwai where, appalled at his own actions, he utters "What have I done?"


I shall get used to it in good time. 400K bike weeks are not far off.

No run yesterday but this afternoon (couple of hours after the 15K ride) I ran 8.25K to the restaurant without a watch, but felt quite good- was moving well even on the hills. Not a long run, but enjoyable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hamburglar said...

My neck and shoulders really hurt when I started to ride as well. It is only now that I can ride without neck and shoulder pain afterwards and it has been a fair while since I started.

400k's - you're really serious about this Ironman stuff - good on ya!

6:30 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

You could ask Miners for a few set-up tips. I spent $80 bucks or so on a decent seat - made a big difference.

11:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home