Monday, January 22, 2007

Another 100K Week, Just...

Between the heat and work I had to do some interesting running over the weekend to bring up 100K for the week, all the while rueing the missed 30K with Shogun on Friday....

Saturday lunchtime I ran from the restaurant (Warrimoo) to home via Long Angle Trail and Glenbrook Lagoon. 12K in 35 degrees or so. I took it veeeerrrrrryyyy easy, walked a couple of hills when I started to overheat, and doused myself with water every few minutes (not often you take a bottle on a 12K run, and refill it 3 or so times along the way....) About 70 minutes of running, but finished with no distress, which is a pleasing contrast to other hot weather runs lately. That look me to 75K for the week.

Sunday morning I got to the restaurant early, set up and left the staff to run things for a bit while I ran down Rickard Rd and north along Long Angle Trail to Singles Ridge Rd at Winmalee. I'd only once before run this section of Long Angle and that was when Shogun, Sarge and I did it last year.

Saw some dirt bikers camping on Fitzgeralds Creek with campfires burning- in total fire ban weather! Reported them to the firies when I got back.

The northern stretch of Long Angle is much more aesthetically pleasing than the southern end- it's a pleasant sandy path through ferns and high trees surrounded by a small valley. The trees and escarpment kept the worst of the heat away too. Some big hills though! 13K, easy pace.

Sunday night ran home via the road around 10pm, normally this is an 8K run but I added some extra to make it 12.25K (62 mins, 5.04min/km) and bring the weekly total to 100.25K.

Noice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home