Monday, April 18, 2005

CC Race and improvised Longish Run.

SATURDAY 16/4/05, 3PM, 10K (8K race and 2K warmup)- WEEK TO DATE 55.5K

Got about 5 hours sleep- a little better than recent efforts.To Richard Murden Reserve (the "Dog Loop" of the Bay Run) for an 8K West Metropolitan Cross Country race- basically two and a half "figures of eight" on grass with a little bike path added in. Did a warm up with Vat beforehand and then we were off. Managed to keep Vat in sight all the way and caught Rod Lovel at around the 5K mark.

Our GPSs measured the course as about 7.8K and that's probably right- I ran 31.49 @ 4.05min/km- don't think I'm in shape to go sub 32 for 8K, especially on grass. I felt pretty happy with the way I held form- positive split the race by about 9 seconds.

SUNDAY 17/4/05, 9AM, 21.5K (1.45.34- 4.55min/km)- WEEKLY TOTAL 77K

Another night out. Slept through my alarm and missed the STaR so after surfacing off a bit over four hours sleep I went up to the office and ran my 21.5K course in LCNP. A week and a half ago I ran this in 102 minutes @ 4.45, today I felt tired (not bad formwise, just no oomph) and was about 90 seconds off the pace on both loops to finish 3 minutes slower. At the end I was so tired my eyes were rolling back in my head.

Hot morning, ran shirtless. Got about an hour's sleep later in the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home