Friday, April 15, 2005

400s- Mayor of Hiroshima.

FRIDAY 15/4/05, 12.15PM, 7.5K- WEEK TO DATE 45.5K

Been out the last two nights with a few glasses of wine involved. As a result I surfaced today with only six hours of sleep total for the last two nights.

Went up to Dunbar at lunch with the intention of doing the 8 x 400 session that got cut short on Wednesday, but feeling pretty damn tired. Ran the 2.7K to the start in 4.51min/km (13.07) and then turned on a very impressive turn of speed by my standards followed by a "Mayor of Hiroshima" style blowup:

82
81
80
80
79
90
92

Then a painful jog back to work (had to work very hard to not walk) in 13.42- 5.04min/km.

Those first five 400s (and the four I ran on Wednesday) seem to say I have good legspeed at the moment but just tired- I don't think it's the Canberra 50K so much of itself as just poor quality recovery in the last couple of days. I'm going out each of the next three nights as well which is probably not ideal- just got to be disciplined and make apologies early, and get lots of powernaps during the day I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home