Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Train Station Run.

WEDNESDAY 12/9/07, 7AM, 10K (51.44)

Of late I've run from home to Emu Plains station a few mornings each week- this morning's run was the first run of any note since last week, although I did get in a hilly 20K bushwalk last Friday.

I carry my work clothes in a http://www.trailspace.com/gear/deuter/ac-lite-25/ Deuter AC Lite 25 pack which is pretty cool- it has a lightweight frame within the pack which takes some of the load off the shoulders. Run down through Blaxland, down Mitchells Pass and past Aldi, Woolworths and Nepean High School. Very much a downhill run- I intend to lengthen it in future and including some serious uphill. Of course, that means getting up earlier...

This morning I ran past an accident opposite Nepean High School- a light truck had crossed the road and bashed a hatchback into the school fence. A few minutes beforehand I had been passing the shopping centre when several emergency vehicles flew past with sirens and lights on the go- turned the corner and there they all were.

Usually do this run in 52, 53 minutes but today was 51.44.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home