Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Shoalhaven King of the Mountain.

SUNDAY 16/7/06, 9AM, 32K, WEEKLY TOTAL 84.5K, 6 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES ASICS 1100

Down to Cambewarra for the KOM, a race on hilly sealed and dirt roads with a climb over Mt Skanzi at around 25K, followed by a 6K road bash into Kanagaroo Valley which allows you to peel off some Ks if still fresh.

Managed to get to the start just after the runners had left and started 6 minutes late, which meant that the first few Ks were mid 4min/kms as I tried to get back into the field- too fast, and I felt the stupidly fast early pace after the half marathon point. Walked up the hill to give my legs a break, then ran a couple of sub 5 min/Ks coming into town. Passed a few people in these last few kilometres on the road, which was good. Finished in 2.55 by my watch, 3.00 or 3.01 by the race clock. I wanted to run sub 3 as my goal and did that by 5 minutes, so pretty happy with the race.

MONDAY 17/7/06, 2PM, 6K, 7 HOURS SLEEP, SHOES ASICS KAYANOS

Recovery run testing new shoes. Ran from home down Govett St, 9 laps of the park, and back, in 33 minutes. Legs felt like planks of wood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home