Thursday, May 19, 2005

Intervals- 3 x 2K.

THURSDAY 19/5/05, 12.30PM, 12K, WEEK TO DATE 33K, 6.5 HOURS SLEEP
 
Had a lot of packing to do this morning so at lunch I ran up to Dunbar for 3 x 2K (each rep being 5 laps of the 400m track, of course).
 
I've loaned the Garmin away for a few days so had to time myself with the Timex. Given its functions are not as user friendly, I didn't have proper intermediate splits (had a rough idea) so took the first rep out too fast, then had to try to match those numbers for the rest of the session. As a result, I was working pretty hard on the last lap of the first rep, the last two laps of the second trep, and the last 2.5 laps of the third rep.
 
2.7K warmup in 12.52 (4.46)
 
Took off shoes....
 
3 x 2K with 3 min jog recovery
 
7.44
7.44
7.41
 
Put shoes back on....
 
2.7K warmdown in 13.01 (4.49)
 
Hard work, very good numbers but perhaps had to work too hard for them. 16 degrees and cloudy with a steady southerly wind. My soleus was so-so during the session but was a tight, painful ball when I got back to the office. I'll book an appointment with Martin Horne for early next week- just hope the rogaine doesn't stress it too much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wobbly man said...

Great splits G - wish I could run so consistently...

9:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home