Sunday, May 08, 2005

Bush Run.

SUNDAY 8/5/05, 6.30AM, 18K- WEEKLY TOTAL 82K

Mother's Day so I skipped the STaR to be the dutiful son. Arranged to meet Sarge for the Grose Head South->St Columbas loop in the lower mountains. Cool and misty. Sarge was great company and the 18Ks ticked through with me hardl;y noticing it. Took about 1K to warm up and we picked up the pace in the 3Ks or so. Total time was about 96 minutes- 5.30 odd km, which is fine for a recreational bush run.

Really good fun. No stress, good for the headspace.

WEEKLY TOTAL 82K

Did what I wanted to do. Two good interval sessions and a new 10K PB at the Striders run.

Next week will be return to high volume- I'll try to do 100 miles (161K) in the week. Two interval sessions (Tuesday and Friday), one long run Wednesday... tempted to go to SMC on Sunday and see if I can take more time off my 10K but it doesn't really fit in with my longer term objectives. Suspect I'll do either the East or West Metropolitan CC race on Saturday arvo and run long again Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home