Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Intervals- 2 x 3K.

TUESDAY 2/8/05, 1PM, 12K, WEEK TO DATE 18K, 6 HOURS SLEEP

Felt much refreshed when I awoke this morning.

Another sunny day, about 20 degrees. Realised as I left the office that I hadn't recharged my Forerunner, whoops. Had to make do with my old stopwatch, so didn't have solid splits for each 400m and had to rely on rough maths on the run, so to speak. I did memorise the K splits

Ran 2.7K to Dunbar track in 12.54, then did 2 x 3K (7.5 laps of the track) barefoot with a 4 minute jog recovery in between.

Rep 1
1K 3.56
2K 7.56
3K 11.51

Rep 2
1K 3.56
2K 7.58
3K 11.48

Ran back to the office in 12.56.

Quite pleased, given that last week I couldn't finish a 3 x 2K session. Form felt good (there were uncomfirmed reports of knee lift!), I was stiff on the run to the track and the first couple of laps of the first rep, but after that seemed to be moving well. I only felt like I was really working hard and breathing hard on the last K of rep 2, which was the quickest kilometre of the lot. A blemish was how I nodded off in the middle kilometre of both reps, but doing the second rep quicker was a pleasing sign.

1 Comments:

Blogger silverfox said...

Gday g

Just catching up on blogs.I am a huge fan of the longer interval and I think that this sort of training will really compliment your array of distances. In particular I found them helpful with pacing. I try to do them once a fortnight (try being operative!)

Great result also for you at GC100, I loved your finishing photo, one very satisfied customer!

Finally, just for your benefit, I heard on the radio this morning that a toilet block is being built 1km from the summit of Mt Kosi. I immediately thought of you mate!

8:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home