Friday, July 22, 2005

Early Run and the Horned One.

FRIDAY 22/7/05, 5.45AM, 9.5K, WEEK TO DATE 37.5K, 6 HOURS SLEEP

Had to fit in a run somewhere in a day which had an appointment with the Horned One at 6.30am, a work lunch, and dinner at friend's after work. So I decided to run to Hunters Hill for my 6.30 appointment- I've cycled there a few times before, before so Martin wasn't too fazed when I turned up on his doorstep in my running gear after clicking through 9.7K in about 52 minutes, toting a backpack of work clothes.

Cold morning- clear, about 6 degrees- so I ran in a coolmax longsleeve, shorts, cap, gloves. Felt the freshest I had since the 100K, although I was taking it easy and still felt a bit fatigued on uphills.

I received 5 acupuncture needles in each hip and in each ITB for a total of 20. The hip needles were as long as my hand- I knew I was in for it when he ducked out with the remark that he needed to get "more of the big ones". I suppose they needed to be long to reach right into the joint.

Then a lot of back cracking. He said that xyz in my back had gotten out of alignment, thus displacing my hips, which pulled on my ITBs, etc, so my hip pain during the 100K and subsequent ITB pain were related.

Suppose I'll see tomorrow how the treatment went.

2 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Ouch! Sounds painful - the long needles that is, though a 100km run also sounds painful.

3:01 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

...have you forgotten how to update this thing????

6:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home