Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Recovery- LCNP.

WEDNESDAY 27/7/05, 12PM, 11.5K (55.49, 4.51min/km), WEEK TO DATE 33.5K, 7 HOURS SLEEP

Was going to get up and run early before work but AGAIN switched the alarm off and went back to sleep. My body seems to be objecting to early starts at the moment; I'll try to accomodate this to some extent.

At lunch, did the old office->LCNP10K reversed->office route on a clear sunny day, probably about 20 degrees. I was able to take my singlet off and enjoy the sun and air on my skin. We've had some very un-winterish weather in Sydney in the last week or so.

Pace was much improved over Monday, although form didn't feel too outstanding. For most of this year I've been making a point of doing as much running as possible under 5min/km pace- time to lower this to sub 4.50 pace, perhaps. I was at the Porters Creek Bridge outbound in 8.40, "8K Marker" in 15.01, turnaround in 25.02, came off Scribbly in 39.40ish, Porters Bridge inbound in 45.30 odd.

Left soleus felt sore before the run and more so afterwards, a legacy of last night's barefoot 400s no doubt. I can see why there is a school of thought that running shoes lead to more lower leg and achilles injuries, if the extra distance the foot travels when running barefoot affects me like this. My lower legs often feel beat up after a hard barefoot run on grass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home