Saturday, July 30, 2005

July's CR Bay 5K.

SATURDAY 30/7/05, 6.15AM, 17.5K, WEEK TO DATE 68K, 4.5 HOURS SLEEP

Ran from home to the start. Found it was quite cold on the Bay- much cooler than home, which is a reverse of the usual trend- even though I had gloves on my hands felt the cold. Calves and soleus still sore, though not as much as yesterday, could also still feel the hip but again not as bad as yesterday. Should be right in another day or so if the usual trend from Martin's treatments follows through.

Lined up with the usual 20 minute wave- Prof, O Runner, Colin etc. Didn't really feel good, form wise, and this is how it worked out...

3.52
3.55 (7.47)
4.01 (11.48)
4.05 (15.54)
3.59 (19.54)

So not too bad, not great, haven't had the best preparation. Good runs from Prof, O Runner, Queen Bee amongst others. Ran back to Timbrell park then turned off and ran home.

I mentioned to the others that, going back through my old numbers, I've never broken 3.50 in the last K of a 5K, whereas I do it quite often for the last K of my 10K races. Is that normal for everyone else?

Next Saturday is the Striders LCNP 10K- I'll have a go at my course record 41.03 there. I'll do the STaR tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

pretty good run G. Always good to get that last split under 4min regardless of the distance. I'm not sure about the other guys, but I find I generally do the quickest split on the last km for the shorter distance rather than the long ones.

However, my longer distances suck

2:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home