Thursday, December 21, 2006

Rough Days and Good Intervals....

Mixed bag since the SMC Half.

Monday I did a Spin class in the evening with Mel, who dropped me 5K from home and I ran the rest of the way. Didn't take a watch but felt a lot better than the last time I ran home from a Spin Class.

Had the sweats Monday night- Tuesday morning and dragged myself out for a run Tuesday morning (Shogun had a work call) and felt rotten from the start. Started going up the other side of the Gorge and started walking, so kept walking (with a bit of jogging) to Euroka and back- 12K of run/walk.

No run Wednesday- work stuff and feeling a bit unmotivated.

This morning I lined up for 10 x 600m intervals with Shogun, with 2min recoveries.... still had the sweats overnight.

THURSDAY 21/12/06, 5AM, 20K, WEEK TO DATE 37K, 4 HOURS SLEEP, ASICS 1100

Very humid morning- 99- 100% humidity! Around 17 degrees- at the start of our session the far end of Glenbrook Oval had a fine mist at the other end.

7K warmup during which we felt rotten. 6 x 100m strides to stretch out, then into the reps.... 4min/km pace is 2.24 for 600, so I just aimed to start the session with reps around that pace and then get quicker as I went.

2.20
2.19
2.15
2.17
2.13
2.12
2.12
2.09
2.07
2.07

Fairly tough work from relatively early on, and the last one left me shattered. Good numbers though, very encouraging.

Very slow 4K warmdown during which we saw Whippet Gal out running. Went back to bed for a couple of hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home